Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Forty41 - Repurposed Wool Diaper Cover Soaker Review Only

It's still covers week! Are you guys learning stuff? I hope so. Covers really are a great way to go. Today I'm going to chat a little about WOOL. Have you ever tried or wanted to try wool? I really encourage you to give it a go if you haven't already. I'm not going to go into great detail about the amazing features of wool in my posts this week, but if you're interested in learning more, I HIGHLY recommend that you check out my friend Lindsey's blog, So Easy Being Green. She's got a wool event going on right now and I'm learning all kinds of great things (not to mention loving the giveaways over there!). Thanks Lindsey

So, you've read about my experience with fitteds to weeks ago. I actually got the fitteds first and then realized that I needed something to go over them, preferably that would offer a good nighttime solution. I found Forty41 on ETSY through another blogger and convo-ed Melissa and asked her what she thought would work well. She got me set up with this adorable Repurposed GAP Wool Sweater made from 98% Lambswool. She lanolizes her covers prior to shipping which was a HUGE plus for me as I hadn't actually braved lanolizing anything yet and was still pretty intimidated by the process! I ordered it immediately and it arrived in the mail 2 days later. Seriously, two days! I was amazed! The packaging was to die for - of course I tore right into it before I thought to take a picture! Melissa also included a sample package of grapefruit Eucalan wool wash.



I put the cover over my newly prepped Thirsties Fab-Fitted and put the Bug to bed for the night. No leaks!! I was in love.

Just quickly, here's what I love about wool:
* all natural fibers that are breathable!
* self-cleaning - WHAT?! How does this even make sense? I don't know and I don't really care. All I know is that I don't have to wash it all the time. Just every month or so.
* Green option - many wool soakers are made from repurposed wool - think old sweater. Actually I have a sweater - my absolute fav. that I shrunk in the wash - that I want to have made into a soaker. Isn't that a good idea!
* Super absorbent - holds 3x its weight it liquid

When it came time to wash my cover (you only have to wash wool every 3-4 weeks or when stinky - SWEET!) I was so paranoid about the lanolizing process and actually didn't do it right the first 2 times creating some leaking. Then I happened across this video from Nifty Nappy that made lanolizing make oh so much more sense. My soaker works like a dream now. Thank you!

Covers her Thirsties really well!

If you are thinking about trying wool, I highly recommend that you contact Melissa at Forty41 and let her know what you're looking for or what you're fears are!

Good luck!

No comments: