Sunday, March 13, 2011

Undercover Month - week 2 Prefolds and Flats

Welcome, welcome welcome to week to of Undercover Month where we'll be discussing prefolds and flats. You may think of these little numbers as the "old school" diapers, the ones that your mothers and grandmothers used (I know mine did. I very vividly remember changing my siblings' diapers and sticking myself with pins and marveling at the ugliness of plastic pants!) You may be thinking, "Why on earth would I want to use those?" There are some very good reasons why. Here are some off the top of my head:

1. Affordability - these diapers are crazy cheap. I paid roughly $2/diaper for my unbleached Indian prefolds.
2. Versatility - I like that I can fold my prefolds up and lay them into a cover or I can use a snappi to hold the prefold on underneath wool longies or a soaker.
3. All natural fibers - I know I care about what fabrics touch the Bug's delicate skin. She's a read head afterall! I use PUL and microfiber because of its prevalence in the CD world, but I really prefer the organic cotton and wool options afforded by the prefolds.
4. Compact - Prefolds just don't take up as much room in the diaper bag. I toss a few in the bag along with an extra cover and we're good to go. They also don't take up as much room in our diaper staging area.



So stay tuned to Little Baby Bug and the other participating blogs for some good tips on prefolds and flats (and Giveaways!)

No comments: