Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Sweet Breath of Innocence

So one of the things that makes me shudder is the feeling of people breathing on or near me, specifically the warm, moist air and the smell. I admit that I even will hold my breath when a person breaths too near my face. I'm sorry. I just do. One thing I've noticed over the past few weeks is how completely intoxicating the smell of Sofia's breath is. It smells like alpine flowers in heaven. Now, I've not spent all that much time around infants so perhaps you all can tell me - Is this true of all infants? And if so  what gives them such sweet breath. I know I'm not pumping her with breath mints. Is it that she hasn't been ingesting and exposed to toxins for year after year? I really have no idea, but I'm soaking it in while I can. I love snuggling with her so that I can breathe with her. Perhaps I'm crazy, but I don't really care. Her breath is a fair trade for other things about her that are not so pleasant smelling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no idea, but I hold my breath when people breathe too near my face also. I can't handle it, it makes me feel suffocated.

Unknown said...

i love my baby's breath, too =) and hold my breath when others breath on me LOL maybe its me but i feel like everyone's breath is stinky!